If you have developed pain or injury while exercising, at the gym, at play, or at sports it is very likely that we can determine what is wrong and how to make you better.
Dr. Cancel/Performance Sports Care, a Walnut Creek Chiropractor, specializes in the assessment and treatment of painful musculoskeletal injuries and sports related problems. Our understanding of the methodologies utilized for peak performance, injury prevention, and rehabilitation with elite professional athletes has inspired us to provide many of these same methods to a wide spectrum of weekend warriors, recreational athletes, and everyday people who seek an active and pain free life.
You Don’t Have To Be A “Pro” To Be Treated Like A “Pro” By This Walnut Creek Chiropractor
Using proven, problem-focused principles, we are able to apply effective strategies and techniques to help our patients feel better faster and to achieve their physical performance goals, regardless of their competition level. Our patients know that we seek the fastest possible results. By doing so, we seek a lower total cost to them to actually resolve their problem than what they might experience with another Walnut Creek chiropractor when everything is factored in.
Dr. Cancel is a Walnut Creek chiropractor with a very simple mission: to resolve problems as quickly as possible. Problems we successfully treat include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Neck pain/stiffness
- Headaches of muscular/mechanical origin
- Shoulder pain: rotator cuff or other functional problems involving muscles/tendons
- Tennis/Golfers Elbow
- Back pain
- Hip flexor tendonitis, bursitis, and/or myofascitis
- Groin injuries
- Hamstring and quadricep injuries
- Knee pain: patellofemoral pain/stress syndrome, iliotibial band syndrome
- Shin splints
- Achilles tendonitis
- Other overuse injuries arising from exercise or sports
- Plantar fascitis
- We are a true, full service sports chiropractic & rehabilitation facility located in Walnut Creek, CA.
- We successfully treat a full spectrum of musculoskeletal injuries, including injuries/pain problems involving the neck, back, spine, shoulders, and extremities.
- No matter who you are or what walk of life you come from, we treat all patients “like a Pro.” We take the time in all phases of care to provide you with the fastest possible results and, therefore, the lowest total treatment cost per case.
- All of our scheduled patients are seen at their appointed time with minimal or no wait time. We make every effort to accommodate “emergencies” when possible.
- We can provide treatment for just pain relief or provide full injury rehabilitation, depending on your needs/requirements.
- We offer all patients close, personal attention and we fully explain our diagnosis and treatment plans before administering any treatment. We do not offer treatment to those that we do not have a reasonable chance of helping.
- We offer custom nutrition and exercise/strength programs. Not only can we help you feel better, we can help make you REALLY better…and stronger! No other Walnut Creek Chiropractor including most health care facilities have more experience in the area of strength training and bodybuilding than us.
- This Walnut Creek chiropractor is conveniently located near a major freeway intersection and is easily accessible to all areas of the S.F. Bay region. Parking is free.
- We have relationships with some of the leading medical specialists in Northern California. This includes specialty areas such as Orthopedic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Radiology, Endocrinology, Physiatry, Podiatry, Psychiatry/Psychology, and other Sports Medicine subspecialties. If we can’t solve your problem, we will attempt to guide you to someone who can.
We are no ordinary Walnut Creek Chiropractor office. All of the treatment and therapeutic services that we offer is highly individualized and custom tailored to meet the needs of our patients. Our objective is to help our patients get better, stronger, and faster in the shortest possible time.
In close to 30 years of clinical experience and having a significant “test-bed” of satisfied patients, we have have honed our clinical skills and do not waste time with unnecessary treatments or strategies that are unlikely to work. Results are what count most…especially to the patients we serve: athletes, as well as ‘everyday people’ who don’t have time to be slowed down.
Depending on the clinical situation and/or the objectives of our individual patients/clients, our treatment methods and services include the following:
- Chiropractic Manipulation of the spine and extremities (CMT)
- Manual Therapies including Neuromuscular Re-Education (NMR), as developed by Glum, Horrigan, and Levy; Myofascial Release; Active Release; assisted stretching; as well as various systems of massage and soft-tissue evaluation/treatment including those promulgated by Cyriax, Maigne, Cailliet, Maitland, Chaitow, Rolf,and Hammer.
- Ancillary Therapies including hot/cold packs, diathermy, ultrasound, traction, electo-current stimulation, and the ‘Game Ready’ cryotherapy system.
- Diet and Nutritional Analysis – Instruction/Consulting that is grounded in healthy, food-based nutrition to gain strength, lose fat, promote healing, gain muscle, and to increase energy levels. We don’t just give you a menu. We provide an educational experience that informs people on how to carry out the best nutritional plan for themselves.
- Rehabilitative Exercise – Instruction and consulting focused on making weak points stronger, to maximally heal injured body parts, and to attain balanced strength/muscle development.
- Athletic Performance/Strength Training/Bodybuilding – Instruction and supervision for maximum recovery, explosive strength, speed, and increased endurance. Consulting for contest preparation, sports events, movie or theatrical roles, home gym design, etc.
“When you find yourself injured and are looking for a Walnut Creek chiropractor, you want a competent professional you can trust who can treat your injury using the safest, most effective methods possible. You want instant relief from the pain you are in and want to be educated as to why this happened so you can avoid a repeat in the future. In addition, you want someone that makes you feel cared for and valued as a patient; not just another doctor playing the numbers game.
You will find all of the aforementioned and then some with Dr. Doug Cancel. I have been patient of Dr. Cancel’s for over 10 years after being unsuccessfully treated by other chiropractors in this area. Dr. Cancel has not only treated me for a myriad of symptoms over the years, but has educated me in highly-effective preventative practices as well. When you go into Dr. Cancel’s office, rest assured that you will be receiving the highest level of care possible. Not only that, but he will exceed your expectations of what you get in a visit, guaranteed.
Dr. Cancel will take his time evaluating your intake sheet and then will do a further complete hands-on assessment to effectively measure the level of treatment needed. In addition to his thorough evaluation, he will take his time to explain the mechanics of your body in relation to the injury/imbalance. Each visit is like an anatomy/physiology lesson and I truly value that!
This is definitely not your average Walnut Creek Chiropractor. You will most definitely get more than a crack here and a crack there and then be sent on your way. You will leave his office more educated, feeling like a valued client and in my experience, with notably less physical discomfort than you walked in with. Hands down, the BEST Walnut Creek chiropractor in Contra Costa County.”
Heather S. – Oakley, CA
If you are looking for a qualified, professional, local Walnut Creek chiropractor, give Dr Cancel a chance to help.
Feel free to contact him at (925) 945-1155 or at email@example.com with any of your questions or concerns.